Regular foot care will significantly improve comfort, mobility and the general health of your feet. This is particularly important for people with diabetes. Regular foot care is a key in preventing and early detection of any problems that may arise.
- Personalized assessment of the skin, feet and nails in order to avoid cuts and blisters
- Toenails trimmed and filed
- Application of cream and feet massaged to enhance circulation
- Assessment and treatment of nails, corns and calluses
- Insulin administration
- Blood and glucose monitoring
- Advice on preventing foot issues and referral to appropriate resources, if required
Do I have to be referred by a doctor?
No, a doctor referral is not necessary. You can be referred by family, caregivers, medical professionals, or simply refer yourself for treatments.